Gulf Cooperation Council Standardization Organization (GSO)

GSO is the regional standardization organisation for the Gulf States.  They have a catalogue of about 24,000 standards and technical regulations.  Around 80% of these are adopted from international organisations; the remaining 20% are developed within the region.

GSO use Setare’s standards publishing service for their regional standards and adoptions.  They also offer their members a service to publish national standards and adoptions.  The first member taking advantage of this is the Bahrain Standards Metrology Directorate.

“Setare’s publishing solution has helped us a lot in automating our publishing process specially for cover pages and forwards for all our standards, and we are also using it to publish the complete file for international standards adopted without any modification to achieve the reprint requirements to be exempted from any royalty fees.

Automating this process have saved us a lot of manual work, eliminated plenty of errors and forced a very important consistency between our standards metadata database and our standards files, we are even working to provide the same benefits to our member standardization bodies.

The full benefits of this solution will be realized once we start authoring our standards in XML to be able to completely automate the publishing process.

Setare is really an important strategic partner for us in this mission, they have really helped us a lot in integrating their solution with our systems and responded positively to our extra integration requirements.”

Head of IT Solutions

Standards Digital (Norway)

Standards Digital use Setare’s service for committee work to produce PDF’s which show the semantic mark-up added to NISO STS standards content. The PDF’s are used to discuss and verify the semantic mark up with technical experts.

Standards Digital are also finalising a collaborative authoring environment.  Content is created in NISO STS XML using FontoXML.  Setare is being integrated into that environment.  It will enable authors, editors and committee members to see their work as a PDF that closely resembles the published product.  Line numbers can be added to PDFs to make review and committee discussion easier if required.

OASIS (International)

Several OASIS editors are authoring their content in XML and using Setare to publish same content in OASIS and ISO formats.